Organizing Professional Conferences
*Co-organizing the meetings of the Israeli forum of Biology Education Researchers
- Program 2022 I Photo archive 2022
- Program 2021 I Recorded presentations 2021
- Program 2020 I Photo archive 2020
*Organizing the annual Biology Teachers’ Conference at the Technion
- Program 2021 I Photo archive 2021
- Program 2020 I Conference 2020 website
- Program 2019 I Photo archive 2019
Participation in Academic Conferences
- Schrire, O., Tsybulsky, D. & Ipsen, C. The experiences of biology coordinators participating in a VPLC during the COVID-19 crisis. NARST2022 Annual Meeting. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, March 2022. Oral presentation. PPT. Recorded presentation.
- Gadot, R. & Tsybulsky, D. Digital curation as a pedagogical approach promoting critical thinking. NARST2022 Annual Meeting. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, March 2022. Oral presentation. PPT. Recorded presentation.
- Muchnik-Rozanov, Y. & Tsybulsky, D. The value of linguistic analysis for educational research. EARLI2021 Annual Meeting. Sweden/Online, August 2021. Abstract. PPT.
- Dayan, E. & Tsybulsky, D. Digital curation for science teachers’ professional learning. Intercultural Education in an Age of Information and Disinformation International Conference [IAIE2021]. Tel Aviv, Israel, June 2021. Poster presentation. Abstract. PDF.
- Schrire, O., Tsybulsky, D. & Ipsen, C. Virtual partners in a real crisis – experiences of teacher coordinators during COVID-19 in the context of participation in a virtual professional community. Intercultural Education in an Age of Information and Disinformation International Conference [IAIE2021]. Tel Aviv, Israel, June 2021. Round table presentation. Abstract. PPT.
- Tsybulsky, D. & Muchnik-Rozanov, Y. Incorporating project-based learning approach into distance learning and its contribution to the development of student-teachers’ professional identity. Intercultural Education in an Age of Information and Disinformation International Conference [IAIE2021]. Tel Aviv, Israel, June 2021. Poster presentation. Abstract. PDF.
- Dayan, E. & Tsybulsky, D. Science teachers’ perceptions regarding digital curation as a personalized learning activity that promotes professional learning. NARST2021 Annual Meeting. Orlando, Florida, USA, April 2021. Oral presentation [via ZOOM]. Abstract. PPT. Recorded presentation.
Invited Talks, Seminars, Panels and Symposia
- Teaching nature of biology to high-school students. Symposium for “History, Philosophy and Sociology of Biology in School Biology”, International Society of History, Philosophy and Social Studies of Biology (ISHPSSB). Dublin, Ireland. [Virtually], December 2020. Link
- Cultural-responsive teaching in teacher education. Mandel Program for Academic Leadership: Theory and Practice in Teacher Training Conference. Mandel Leadership Institute, Israel, July 2020. Link
- Professional learning community of biology teacher coordinators: leading biology education in the Digital Age. Invited lecture, Professional Learning Communities Conference. MOFET Institute, Israel, May 2020.
- Science education in the Digital Age. Seminar for Graduate Program of Dep. of Education & Science Education. Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel, December 2019. Link
- Rubrics and formative assessment in biology education. Seminar for Biology Faculty. Technion, Haifa, Israel, October 2019. Link
- Learning aspects of the NOS through a variety of authentic science experiences: realities and potential. Panel “NOS teaching practices: realities and potential”, International History, Philosophy, and Science Teaching [IHPST] Conference. Thessaloniki, Greece, July 2019. Link
- Science in digital society. Panel for Ariane de Rothschild Fellows. Tel Aviv, Israel, July 2019.
- NOS Learning and Authentic Science Research. Symposium “Enhancing Nature of Science (NOS) Instruction Through Research-Guided Practices”, NARST2019 Annual Conference. Baltimore, USA, April 2019.
- Science as inquiry approach to NOS teaching. Invited lecture, Faculty of Education in Science and Technology, Technion. Haifa, Israel, January 2019. Link